Here are some of my favorite books, just in case you are looking for something good to read while you are relaxing this August – or any time really. Whether you’re on the beach, at the lake, or just relaxing at home – or really anywhere in between – I would invite you to check out the list below.
I have organized them by topic to make it easier to find something you’ll enjoy.
- Born Standing Up, Steve Martin biography
- I love Capitalism: An American Story, Ken Langone (cofounder of Home Depot)
- Small Fry, Lisa Brennan-Jobs (Steve Job’s daughter)
- Bad Blood: Secret and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup, John Carreyrou
- The Smartest Guys in the Room, The Amazing Rise and Scandalous Fall of Enron; Bethany Mclean & Peter Elkind
- The Four: The hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google, Scott Galloway
- Shadow Divers, The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of World War II, Robert Kurson
- The Pioneers, The Heroic Story of the Settlers Who Brought the American Ideal West, David McCullough
- The Land of Enterprise, A Business History of the United States, Benjamin C. Waterhouse
Leadership & Discovery:
- The Algebra of Happiness, Notes on the Pursuit of Success, Love, and Meaning, Scott Galloway
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World-And Why Things are Better Than You Think, Hans Rosling
- Start with Why, How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action, Simon Sinek
Copyright © 2022